|READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING ANYTHING TO ANYWHERE|
Updated on June 18th, 2011.
Before submitting any piece of work, be sure that you are first submitting to the correct area. Below, you will find a list of what kind of weapons would go in what category. If your submission doesn't really fit into any of the groups, submit it to the "Others" folder. Deviations that are submitted to the incorrect folder will not be approved.
When submitting a deviation to WeaponDesigners, there are certain guidelines that we follow in terms of what we accept and what we do not. Here is quick rundown.
1: We only accept ORIGINAL weapon designs at the present time. That means no, we will not accept your sweet 3D high poly model of an AK-47. Sure, it may be badass, but it IS NOT an original weapon, therefore, we cannot accept it. If you submit a piece that is original, and when I say original, I mean a weapon that I can look at and say, "Ok, this does NOT look like any other gun I have seen before." Having inspirations is one thing, but make sure the design is far enough from the inspirations so I don't say, "This looks just like another gun with a few small tweaks.
2: PimpMyGun submissions are on a stricter level and are judged in terms of quality. Here are some examples of what we accept into the group.
These guns are original and are what he consider of a high enough quality to be accepted. Now I'm not saying your submissions have to be overly detailed, but if I can see how you made your gun and recreate it with ease, then it will not be accepted.
3: If you have an assault rifle and you submit it to melee, we will not accept it for obvious reasons. We usually remind or tell you that your submission is either not original enough to be accepted or to resubmit it to the correct folder. Sometimes we forget to tell you, so please make sure that you are submitting to the correct category.
- Melee and Close Range: This category entails any and all close range and melee based weaponry, from katanas, knives, throwing knives, bayonets, claymores, bludgeons, maces, angry spiky things that you twirl around and smack people in the face with and any other weaponry that can be used to physically hit things.
- Small Arms: This category includes pistols, revolvers, magnums, anything small like that but packs a punch.
- Machine Guns, Rifles and Shotguns: This category goes for anything that has "rifle" or "machine gun" in it as well as repeating guns and shotguns. Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifles, light and heavy machine guns, sub and small machine guns, anything like that.
- Energy Weaponry: This category is for anything energy based, including, but not limited to, lasers and plasma.
- Heavy Arms: This category is for the big stuff. Rocket launchers, railguns, high powered lasers, armaments for mechas, whatever. All the big stuff that makes stuff blow up in fantastic ways goes in here.
- People and Armor: Self explanatory. From soldiers in advanced battle armor to old fashioned medieval metal clad armor would be in here.
- Vehicles and Vehicular Weaponry: .50 caliber machine guns on a hummer, vehicles that are decked out with various rocket launchers and machine guns, tanks, aircraft, etc.
- Explosives: C4, Semtex, TNT, anything that makes stuff explode violently into many pieces goes in here.
- Shields and Defensive: Also self explanatory. Things that prevent you from blowing up/getting shot/dying by using defensive means.
- Stationary Weapons: This category is for sentry emplacements, SAM's and AAA, orbital railguns, any kind of weapons that are stationary while firing upon random things.
- Humanoid Weapons and Mecha: This category features things that range from Gundam-esq machines to battle androids and the likes.
- Weapons of Mass Destruction: Nuclear warfare, science fiction planet killing superweapons, bases with extremely heavy defenses, war ships decked out enough make anyone cry, weapons that generally put everything to an end go in here.
- Weapon Collections: This category is for multiple weapons, for example, if you got a piece that has a few handguns on it, some rifles and a rocket launcher, then it would go in here. A Deviation that has more than one weapon would go in here, unless it has multiple weapons from the same category, in which case it would go in it's proper category.
- Tips and Tutorials: If you're looking for some new techniques on how to improve your designs or your art style in general, take a look in here and see if you can't learn a thing or two.
- Works In Progress: If you are currently working on a design and would like some input/criticism for it before you submit the final version, submit it here.
- Others: This category is for everything else that just doesn't fit into any other category.
If you believe that you have an idea for a new category or you think that I forgot a category, feel free to send a note to the group with any and all suggestions for new categories or ways to improve organization. Thanks.